Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Duncan is in recovery mode...

Meet sweet Duncan. He came from a Kentucky shelter and got very sick with a respiratory infection. Duncan is also heartworm positive and will have to undergo treatments.
IBR was so lucky to found a compassionate rescue angel that got him out of the shelter, so that he could get special loving treatment at home, so that he can get well enough to be transported to a regular foster home. Debora---we THANK YOU with all our hearts!

Here's Deb's update on how Duncan is doing:
Duncan`s appetite is better this afternoon got about 800 calories of people food into him.In small amounts. He seems happy to be fed by hand the good stuff.He doesn`t seem to want Puppy Chow with wet food right now. I just want it to be as easy as possible for him to eat ,his nose ( and mine ) is so congested ..poor baby is coughing like crazy. He is a true southern gentleman, he is not spitting every where!!! He shallows it so I`m sure that is why he doesn`t feel like eating. Very common with people also when they have drainage that runs down. What I see on occasion run out is either clear or white. He is drinking good and sniffs around outside when we go out. He is affectionate. His eyes are clear no green drainage.He has only pooped one time since he has been here.. big but only one.. He has not had any vomiting. He stool is loose from eating canned and different food than he is used to to but he does not have diarrhea. I think he knows now that I know he is sick and he is trusting that he will be handled gently.

He is crate trained.. no issues there. He is easy to walk on a leash. Just a very wonderful dog. I didn`t know anything about him until Delana called me when he was HW pos and sick. I said I would take him to get him out of the shelter.. if we didn`t have 7 dogs I would be begging you to let me keep this guy.. I would pay you to keep him, he is that sweet. You are going to love him and so is the family that finally gets him. You couldn`t ask for a more beautiful boy either. Deb

No comments: